When the courthouses are closed, when libraries are closed, when the Legislature is closed, when schools are closed, Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations, or CAFOs, still get approval. I guess we know who rules the roost in Iowa.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Linn reports 45 new virus cases, Johnson 36
- Iowa football schedule: Hawkeyes open Big Ten season on Sept. 5
- Iowa’s 2020 football schedule: Omigosh, this is strange
- Coronavirus testing declines in United States as cases increase
- Grassley rips Democrats for blocking extension of jobless benefits
- Gov. Kim Reynolds gets good marks in poll despite voter disagreement with state pandemic policies