The solution to slow the growth of the COVID-19 virus is screening and diagnosis. If we know who carries the virus we know who needs to be quarantined. Due to the lack of tests and thus the lack of screening it allows asymptomatic carriers to circulate among us spreading the disease. The sooner we’re able to test the masses the sooner we can control spread of the virus and “flatten the curve” of the pandemic. This is not an unreasonable expectation of our government leaders and should have been prioritized before the first case was diagnosed in America.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa State finds 66 students with COVID-19 upon move-in
- Missouri Valley Football Conference to cancel 2020 fall season
- $21 million in COVID-19 aid goes toward Iowa computer system
- Jerry Burns sentenced to life for killing Michelle Martinko in 1979
- Iowa wide receiver Oliver Martin back in the transfer portal
- Local restaurant recipes star in Marion student’s recipe book for kids