The solution to slow the growth of the COVID-19 virus is screening and diagnosis. If we know who carries the virus we know who needs to be quarantined. Due to the lack of tests and thus the lack of screening it allows asymptomatic carriers to circulate among us spreading the disease. The sooner we’re able to test the masses the sooner we can control spread of the virus and “flatten the curve” of the pandemic. This is not an unreasonable expectation of our government leaders and should have been prioritized before the first case was diagnosed in America.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- After Xtream Arena is built, will they come?
- Vote for the best former Iowa high school mascot: Southwest, North Central, Central district finals
- Unusual on Johnson County ballot: sheriff’s race Al Fear and Brad Kunkel compete in Democratic primary
- Iowa defensive lineman Dalles Jacobus provides a big hit ... with a country music song
- Iowa reports nine more coronavirus deaths
- Tyson Foods worker, 44, dies in Cedar Rapids after long battle with coronavirus