President Donald Trump has now asked the leaders of two foreign countries to assist him in the 2020 elections by asking China to investigate Joe Biden and his son along with Ukraine. While this act of interference in itself should be of great concern to all U.S. citizens, my question would be at what cost? Should these two foreign leaders indeed start such an investigation, what cost would they request Trump and his administration to repay them for their efforts?
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Longtime teacher, coach at Iowa City Regina dies of coronavirus
- Democratic county conventions in Iowa going online because of COVID-19
- IHSAA, IGHSAU revise Iowa high school spring sports schedule
- Jacob Brindle steps down as Cascade boys' basketball coach
- 61-year-old man accused of sexually abusing 9-year-old girl in NE Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Rapids man attempts $1,000 purchase at Fleet Farm with forged check, police say