It’s bad enough that Gov. Kim Reynolds has refused to listen to medical professionals’ and scientists’ and even the White House recommendations on how to handle the coronavirus, causing Iowans more sickness and death than needed to be. Now she says she wanted to sign on to the lawsuit filed by the Texas attorney general to throw out the votes of several other states (that Trump lost) and overturn the will of the people. The lawsuit had no merit and was dismissed. It was nothing more than a political statement that our votes and our democracy don’t matter; that we are a corrupt country that can’t hold a free and fair election. Apparently this is what our governor believes.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa vs. Northwestern men’s basketball glance: Time, TV, live stream, team data
- Iowa football: Keeping up with the 15 Hawkeyes leaving this offseason
- Iowa counts 64 more deaths from coronavirus
- Photos: Jefferson High School wrestling hosts the J-Hawk Invitational
- Iowa men's basketball: Hawkeyes’ inside-out game turning defenses inside-out
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day events in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids