It is a sad scene to witness, but we are ever so stupidly destroying the great country in which we live. Never before have I seen so many people dead bent on the destruction of our freedom and liberty. The political division of our nation is leading us down a path from which we will be unable to return. We have some very smart people in our political forces, some Democrats and some Republicans, but most have lost sight of what is important for our continued survival. We need to focus on what is good for our nation, not what suits political parties’ agendas. If one party wins an election or a bill passes, we should then say, ”OK, we lost that battle but let’s all work together and make it work for what’s best for our country.” Our elected officials certainly should be able to constructively agree on many issues which help our own country. I see very little practice of that attitude. We insist on continued bickering, name calling and inventing schemes to make the other party look bad. This continued party fighting makes our current political system one of the worst in all of history. Continued fighting and complaining about who is in one office or the other and the continued attitude of non-cooperation because that person is from the “other party” ends up being a very non-productive government. This division, if continued in its current fashion, will eventually end our great country and our freedom.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- University of Iowa RAs demand ‘hazard pay’ for COVID-19 threats
- How the 2020 Iowa high school football playoffs will work
- Much drama, little debate as Trump and Biden clash
- Dubuque Senior, Cedar Rapids Kennedy play a 5-set thriller to christen Xtream Arena
- DNR rejection of grocers’ petition tosses bottle bill back to Iowa Legislature
- Hai Huynh wins Coralville special election