I will be happily caucusing for Sen. Elizabeth Warren. She rose to the top of my list based on three factors: core issues, fitness for office, and relatability. My chief issue is global climate change and the green economy, health care, and social policies. I read her plans online and was impressed by the thoroughness of each. I watched her debate, saw how she can respectfully disagree with others, and happily articulate why she fights for what she believes. Finally, her story of growing up in poorer circumstances, benefiting from the programs that have raised so many Americans up is compelling. Seeing how much more needs to be done to make sure Americans of all backgrounds have the chances she has had, she fights on for a livable wage, a greener economy, and health care for all. I think for her, politics are not an academic exercise, but a fight for making sure we all have a fair shot to make the most of our lives. I hope that you will caucus on Feb. 3 and join with me and Elizabeth Warren in this fight.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Urbana fisherman’s body found
- Vote for the best former Iowa high school mascot: Substate round, May Mascot Madness
- OK Iowa, get ready for a second spike in coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for May 28: Cedar Rapids, Marion park playgrounds reopen Monday, Twin Pines Golf Course to reopen June 4
- Cedar Rapids lawmaker wants legislative session delayed
- Deaths from coronavirus in Iowa hit 500