When I was studying in Rome I received my Iowa ballot in good time to fill it in and take it to the embassy. My Michigan friends never got theirs. Because of COVID-19 I decided to vote in the primary by mail this time. All went well. Now I read about removal of postal boxes and experience already delayed mail delivery. I even read the Trump campaign has a suit against the auditor of Johnson and Linn counties to prevent them from printing some information on ballot requests. Information that if missing, the ballot would not be sent. What is next? When I get my ballot I will check it carefully and mail it in earlier than usual. Which brings me to my hope that The Cedar Rapids Gazette will print the information and opinions about down ballot candidates earlier than ever.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa eliminated from Big Ten football championship race — apparently
- Iowa union seeks ‘reasonable’ raise for state workers
- Monticello, North Linn seek boys’ state basketball returns ... only in different classes
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball 2020-21: Gazette area players to watch
- Felon released early from prison in drug robbery arrested again in SW side shooting incident
- After COVID-19 isolation, Chuck Grassley back at work in Washington