When I was studying in Rome I received my Iowa ballot in good time to fill it in and take it to the embassy. My Michigan friends never got theirs. Because of COVID-19 I decided to vote in the primary by mail this time. All went well. Now I read about removal of postal boxes and experience already delayed mail delivery. I even read the Trump campaign has a suit against the auditor of Johnson and Linn counties to prevent them from printing some information on ballot requests. Information that if missing, the ballot would not be sent. What is next? When I get my ballot I will check it carefully and mail it in earlier than usual. Which brings me to my hope that The Cedar Rapids Gazette will print the information and opinions about down ballot candidates earlier than ever.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- It’s back to the state tournament for Monticello, this time in Class 3A
- Iowa lawmakers advance new bill banning race and sex ‘scapegoating’ training
- Iowa House panel backs elimination of gun permits
- Welcome to Iowa, a state in need of a slogan
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Monday's scores, stats, game replays and more
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Live stream, Tuesday's schedule, score updates