We write with great enthusiasm to support Janice Weiner for City Council in the November Iowa City election. She’s a strong leader who graduated from West High, went to Princeton and then Stanford Law School. We have been enormously impressed with her ability to get things done—from shepherding a visa application through homeland security, to speaking out on women’s rights, gender rights, human rights, on elder care, and for adequate funding for our schools. We’ve watched her in action since she returned home to Iowa after a career in the Foreign Service-- in Germany, Poland, Turkey, Canada and Mexico. What sets her off from other candidates is her broad experience with the workings of government and business, as an employee, as a manager, as a worker. She can work to benefit all residents of Iowa City. Please support Janice Weiner in the November election.
David and Constance Berman
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa’s path to Big Ten West success not getting smoother
- Iowa Hawkeyes enter the emotional zone of senior day and goodbyes
- Watching ‘South Park’ while driving leads to arrest for Iowa City man
- Cedar Rapids man arrested after hit-and-run involving stolen vehicle
- Iowa football notebook: Can Tyler Goodson's success help Hawkeyes recruit Georgia more?
- Iowa State men’s basketball beats Southern Miss despite more shooting woes