Local governance works best when local governments work together. The Iowa City Community School District serves students who reside under the jurisdiction of many local government entities. The Iowa City City Council is an important government partner. Since moving back to the area after a distinguished career in service to our country working with the State Department, Janice Weiner has demonstrated a commitment to serving our communities in a number of capacities. I believe, as a member of the Iowa City City Council she will work with the School District on issues important to both the City of Iowa City and the School District. Her focus and passion for promoting and supporting mental health provides one example of her commitment to the families who are a part of the School District community. Issues like mental health do not exist in any particular governmental silo, and require cooperation and collaboration in order to make the most positive impact. I support and encourage people to vote for Janice Weiner for a seat on the Iowa City City Council on November 5th.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Andrew Yang: It’s time to rewrite the rules of this economy
- Leader of Linn County’s planned mental health center wants to create a better future for Iowans
- Tate Crane rescues No. 3 Iowa City West boys’ basketball at Linn-Mar
- Democratic hopefuls link arms on MLK Day to show unity
- Iowa high school boys’ basketball rankings: Massive upheaval in Class 3A
- Bargains Galore Thrift Store and More buys in bulk