Local governance works best when local governments work together. The Iowa City Community School District serves students who reside under the jurisdiction of many local government entities. The Iowa City City Council is an important government partner. Since moving back to the area after a distinguished career in service to our country working with the State Department, Janice Weiner has demonstrated a commitment to serving our communities in a number of capacities. I believe, as a member of the Iowa City City Council she will work with the School District on issues important to both the City of Iowa City and the School District. Her focus and passion for promoting and supporting mental health provides one example of her commitment to the families who are a part of the School District community. Issues like mental health do not exist in any particular governmental silo, and require cooperation and collaboration in order to make the most positive impact. I support and encourage people to vote for Janice Weiner for a seat on the Iowa City City Council on November 5th.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Solon outlasts Sergeant Bluff-Luton in a Class 3A semifinal football classic
- Iowa high school football playoffs 2019: Thursday's semifinal scores, highlights and more
- Western Dubuque rolls past Lewis Central, returns to Class 3A championship game
- Photos: Solon vs. Sergeant Bluff-Luton, Iowa Class 3A state football semifinals
- A rare disease robbed a Lisbon painter of his eyesight. Now his artistic vision takes more abstract forms
- Iowa City man clad in coconut bra punches through plate-glass window