Criticism of the Cedar Rapids School Board’s decision to increase Superintendent Noreen Bush’s salary is well placed. One advantage in replacing a superintendent whose tenure has inflated their pay is to hire a less experienced one at a lower cost. It’s a steppingstone career and they know it, but this was nuts. I’d say fire the School Board.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz: ‘Change will begin with us’
- Coralville crowd turns violent early Monday
- Motorcycle vs. semi wreck kills one on I-380, police say
- Iowa coronavirus data trending down
- Iowa high school softball preseason rankings: North Linn is No. 1 in Class 2A
- 2 dead, officer ambushed as Davenport protests turn violent