Criticism of the Cedar Rapids School Board’s decision to increase Superintendent Noreen Bush’s salary is well placed. One advantage in replacing a superintendent whose tenure has inflated their pay is to hire a less experienced one at a lower cost. It’s a steppingstone career and they know it, but this was nuts. I’d say fire the School Board.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Thousands without power, homes devastated in aftermath of destructive storm
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa City areas walloped by 100+ mph hurricane-force winds
- Collins Aerospace to lay off 72 Iowa employees
- Gazette unable to deliver to many paper subscribers today in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City
- Lawsuit sheds light on moments before University of Iowa student froze to death
- University of Iowa steadfast in plan for in-person learning this fall