Webster’s describes “Incredible” as “Too extraordinary and improbable to be believed.” In a recent news conference on coronavirus, Donald Trump mentioned “incredible” 12 times — almost all describing the good things done by him, his administration and members of his staff. Not to be outdone, he again used the term 12 times during the next day’s news conference. While using this ultimate term, I was not able to count the slightly less praiseworthy terms used just as often, “tremendous, unbelievable and fantastic.” Incredible!
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Storm cleanup continues as officials visit Cedar Rapids
- Iowa football parents asking for answers from Big Ten
- Cedar Rapids firefighters deem over 1,000 buildings ‘unsafe to occupy’ after derecho
- Why is cellphone reception so bad after Iowa derecho?
- Millions of acres of Iowa corn, soybean crops heavily damaged by derecho, ag secretary says
- Gov. Kim Reynolds expects quick approval of disaster federal aid for Cedar Rapids storm recovery