Webster’s describes “Incredible” as “Too extraordinary and improbable to be believed.” In a recent news conference on coronavirus, Donald Trump mentioned “incredible” 12 times — almost all describing the good things done by him, his administration and members of his staff. Not to be outdone, he again used the term 12 times during the next day’s news conference. While using this ultimate term, I was not able to count the slightly less praiseworthy terms used just as often, “tremendous, unbelievable and fantastic.” Incredible!
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Brian Ferentz on Iowa football recruiting, running scheme, development of receivers, NIL rules and more
- They turned of his ventilator and paid for his funeral. An hour later, he woke up.
- Son of U.S. House hopeful Bobby Schilling, who is now running his campaign, defends anti-gay tweets
- Tornadoes rake parts of Iowa in second day of severe weather
- Championship reflections: Lisbon’s Brad Smith shares stories of past champions
- Cedar Rapids police investigating white supremacist sign found in NewBo