Webster’s describes “Incredible” as “Too extraordinary and improbable to be believed.” In a recent news conference on coronavirus, Donald Trump mentioned “incredible” 12 times — almost all describing the good things done by him, his administration and members of his staff. Not to be outdone, he again used the term 12 times during the next day’s news conference. While using this ultimate term, I was not able to count the slightly less praiseworthy terms used just as often, “tremendous, unbelievable and fantastic.” Incredible!
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school state volleyball brackets: 2020 pairings, schedule for 5A, 4A, 3A
- Former University of Iowa provost takes questions about why she wants to leave
- Iowa Youth Straw Poll shows Republican sweep
- Marion drops 5-set regional volleyball final to Dallas Center-Grimes
- Kent State opts for interim over University of Iowa past provost
- Iowa City Liberty sweeps Bettendorf to return to state volleyball