Give Donald Trump credit for calling attention to the most flagrant fraud of the 2020 presidential election. But, contrary to Trump’s baseless claims involving ballot tampering or mail-in drop box chicanery, it was Trump’s own brazen lie that he, and not Joe Biden, had actually won the election. Equally dishonorable have been the likes of Sens. Chuck Grassley and Joni Ernst, who have failed to publicly acknowledge the clear facts of Biden’s decisive victory: 306 electoral votes for Biden and 232 for Trump, with Biden defeating Trump by more than 7 million votes. They and other Congressional Republicans should urge Trump to concede so that we might all move forward to combat the coronavirus, which is devastating lives and livelihoods on an epic scale. The nation has far more important things to do than to indulge Trump’s electoral petulance.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Linn-Mar schools breaking ties with Iowa BIG
- New medical marijuana manufacturer coming to Cedar Rapids
- Jim Wohlpart resigning as University of Northern Iowa provost
- Were Gov. Reynolds’ claims in Condition of the State true? Our Fact Checker team grades her
- Rep. Ashley Hinson lands seat on U.S. House Appropriations Committee
- Girls’ basketball notes: Maquoketa Valley is the area’s last remaining unbeaten