On Tuesday Aug. 18, the president of our United States was in Cedar Rapids to lead a “conference” on the recovery from the derecho event on Aug. 10. I think this was more of a campaign stop, because rather than including our elected representatives, he felt it was more important to have the candidate from one party attend this conference. This is very disrespectful, and just goes to show that there is nothing our president wants more than to be reelected.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball stifles No. 4 Ohio State for season’s biggest win
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: The Gazette's predictions
- Iowa girls’ state basketball 2021: A closer look at Monday’s games
- COVID-19 cases decline among vaccinated health care workers in Cedar Rapids
- Can Decorah close the gap and compete with Western Dubuque in 3A substate final?
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Live stream, Monday's schedule, score updates