On Tuesday Aug. 18, the president of our United States was in Cedar Rapids to lead a “conference” on the recovery from the derecho event on Aug. 10. I think this was more of a campaign stop, because rather than including our elected representatives, he felt it was more important to have the candidate from one party attend this conference. This is very disrespectful, and just goes to show that there is nothing our president wants more than to be reelected.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 4 arrested in death of Iowa man whose body was burning in ditch
- ‘Gutsy’ Beckman volleyball team snaps Mount Vernon’s win streak at 22
- Save Iowa Sports raises $1.65 million
- Murder-suicide identified as causes of death in Iowa City case
- Iowa Corrections Board broke law by not approving candidates for director, state audit says
- Photos: Linn-Mar vs. Cedar Rapids Washington, Iowa high school girls' swimming