On Tuesday Aug. 18, the president of our United States was in Cedar Rapids to lead a “conference” on the recovery from the derecho event on Aug. 10. I think this was more of a campaign stop, because rather than including our elected representatives, he felt it was more important to have the candidate from one party attend this conference. This is very disrespectful, and just goes to show that there is nothing our president wants more than to be reelected.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Uncalled U.S. House race gets even tighter in Iowa
- Catholic church allows priest to return to teaching after he misbehaved sexually in the nineties but not with minors
- Iowa all-state football 2020: Washington’s Trashaun Willis named Class 3A captain
- Hy-Vee pulls two Short Cuts veggie mix products due to listeria concerns
- Marion tops Williamsburg in a Wamac shootout, 81-68
- Iowa Supreme Court encourages more remote proceedings