Kudos to our great president and leader Donald J. Trump on his recent visit to Cedar Rapids. Several have felt it necessary to criticize his visit as a political move because of the coming election. Their remarks remind me of an arm chair quarterback. They think they know all the answers but have never played the game. Criticism seems to be their method of trying to dishonor a faithful and dedicated man. May I ask how many of you would have taken a trip to help those devastated by a derecho the week if you had lost your best friend and brother? We are so duped by political views we have lost compassion and caring. Especially for a man that is giving all to direct our nation In a wise book of wisdom we are told that we are told we are to pray for those in authority over us. We want change in our nation, then let’s start with our attitudes and the words we say.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Mediacom no longer reporting outages from derecho, but some customers still without internet and cable
- State warns Cedar Rapids man to stop posing as EMT
- Grieving mother of Royal Abram says her life has been ‘without purpose’ since her son was fatally shot last year
- Linn-Mar overcome wind and competition for CRANDIC golf title
- Iowa reports 1,053 new virus cases, 19 deaths
- Iowa adds nearly $306 million to budget surplus