Two things have become abundantly clear over the last several days. First, Donald Trump is not fit to be president. He must leave office immediately. There are multiple ways for it to happen (resignation, 25th Amendment, impeachment and conviction). Each day that he remains president erodes our nation’s moral character. Second, Trump and his political allies must be held accountable for the violence that they have fomented. The best way to recover from the last week, and indeed the last four years, is to show that law and justice prevail. And although it will be painful, Iowa GOP leaders must reckon publicly with their role in this deadly debacle.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UI parking meter monitors doing what Iowa men's basketball foes can't lately: Defeating them
- Hinson and Miller-Meeks reach out to Biden
- St. Luke’s counselor says in complaint he and trans patients harassed by staff
- Indiana vs. Iowa men’s basketball glance: Time, TV, live stream team data
- Iowa’s congressional delegation reacts to inauguration of President Biden
- 14-year-old pleads to lesser charge in armed robbery of Cedar Rapids liquor and tobacco store