What U.S. troops and Kurds have wrought Trump has put asunder within a week. The Kurds have fought bravely and stuck by us. If ISIS was in retreat, it was because of their work — not our president. Now, he is leaving them to be slaughtered by the Turk militias and reconstituted ISIS forces. It is barbaric and incomprehensible, even to Republicans. He is angry about impeachment, knows he will not be reelected and has decided on a scorched-earth policy on his rapidly accelerating descent to the dust heap of history. For our nation’s honor, for the sake of human decency, let us reverse course and help these people who did our bidding and helped us.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Pete Buttigieg scores Iowa endorsements following Democratic presidential debate
- No ‘mansplaining’ necessary
- Former Collins employee sues over sexual harassment and assault
- Western Dubuque downs Solon for Class 3A state football championship
- Iowa high school state football championships: TV, live stream, predictions for Thursday's games
- Iowa high school state football championships: TV, live stream, predictions for Friday's games