As a born and bred Iowan now living in retirement in northeast Wisconsin, I concur with Steve Camp’s letter (“Give Coach McCaffery, and all of us, a break,” Dec. 16) regarding the not-so-small group of Iowa basketball “fans” who never seem to be satisfied and/or supportive of the coach or the team. However, to put it in proper perspective; this also is a coterie of people who would manage to find something wrong with a brand-new, crisp $100 bill if you handed it to them.
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Illinois schooled by old-school Luka Garza and Iowa
- Research: Large number of CAFOs in Western Iowa increases nitrate in streams
- MLK Day speaker, granddaughter of Percy and Lileah Harris, encourages hard conversations
- Iowa men's basketball wins a 3-for-all vs. Illinois
- Comfort Suites hotel in Coralville sold
- Iowa women’s basketball makes it a Sunday sweep of Illinois