Cedar Rapids is fortunate to have creative restaurants that rival larger cities. We are grateful to them for take-away dinners that are excellent and a great value while also protecting customers with masks and social distancing. Sometimes “my” cooking is not always inspiring. Picking up Cauchos’ tacos, rice, and beans with the margarita for two mix in NewBo was easy and fun to savor at home. We enjoyed the small plates from Rodina in Czech Village. They are perfect comfort food and, again, easy to order and pick up. Recently we ordered from Cobble Hill in downtown Cedar Rapids. We arrived early to enjoy a cocktail in their expanded patio area. At the requested time staff brought out a large bag with our food. We ordered braised short ribs, salad and lemon tarte to share. It was delicious and we still had leftovers! Thank you restaurants and staff for going the extra mile for us.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school softball: It’s time for crossing fingers, holding breath — and social distancing
- Average number of new coronavirus cases increases in Iowa
- PHOTOS: West at Kennedy prep baseball
- Micro businesses set to open at West End Marion on Friday
- A broken light, a bunch of hit batters ... and a doubleheader split for Iowa City West, C.R. Kennedy
- Iowa lawmaker tries to walk back claim that no one has died from coronavirus