Cedar Rapids is fortunate to have creative restaurants that rival larger cities. We are grateful to them for take-away dinners that are excellent and a great value while also protecting customers with masks and social distancing. Sometimes “my” cooking is not always inspiring. Picking up Cauchos’ tacos, rice, and beans with the margarita for two mix in NewBo was easy and fun to savor at home. We enjoyed the small plates from Rodina in Czech Village. They are perfect comfort food and, again, easy to order and pick up. Recently we ordered from Cobble Hill in downtown Cedar Rapids. We arrived early to enjoy a cocktail in their expanded patio area. At the requested time staff brought out a large bag with our food. We ordered braised short ribs, salad and lemon tarte to share. It was delicious and we still had leftovers! Thank you restaurants and staff for going the extra mile for us.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Iowa high school girls' state wrestling tournament
- As Iowa girls’ state wrestling grows, Millie Peach becomes event’s first 3-time champ
- Iowa City Liberty boys’ basketball hasn't played much, but remains perfect
- Former Iowa football player Dalles Jacobus plans next steps for music career
- Iowa Lottery officials: 50,106 Iowa players win prizes in Mega Millions drawing
- Iowa adds Florida OL Michael Myslinski to 2021 recruiting class