On a recent morning, my wife said that Cory Booker dropped out of the race. It was a wintry day, but I went outside and took down his sign. We are going with Michael Bloomberg. He has the organization, talent, money and resources of a billionaire to face a strong man who is creating an authoritarian state.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Western Dubuque baseball season suspended by COVID-19 in middle of game against Cedar Rapids Washington
- Former Iowa DB Maurice Fleming adds to accusations made against Kirk Ferentz, Chris Doyle
- Liberty’s Kara Maiers no-hits Linn-Mar, then the Lions salvage a split
- Iowa sees contiued uptick in coronavirus hospitalizations
- 4A, 3A Iowa high school baseball teams get substate assignments
- Cedar Rapids Schools to open fully accredited online school as coronavirus pandemic continues