For two years, Abby Finkenauer promised Eastern Iowans that she would improve Iowa’s infrastructure. When she unveiled her INVEST in America Act, it was riddled with a liberal laundry list of demands. Instead of paying for crumbling roads and bridges, Congresswoman Finkenauer wants Iowans to pay for charging stations for pricey electric vehicles. Our taxpayer dollars should go to programs that rebuild our roads and expand broadband services for the everyday Iowan — not just folks who drive Teslas. We need strong infrastructure legislation without loopholes that only benefit the elite.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Muscatine County attorney says Iowa mayor exceeded authority in issuing mask order
- Track Guy Carnival: Kennedy’s Drew Bartels shines in long jump, 400-meter hurdles
- Photos: Track Guy Track and Field Carnival at BGM
- First Iowa prisoner dies of coronavirus
- Judge lowers bail for man charged with attempted murder in Cedar Rapids workplace shooting
- Trump administration sends letter withdrawing U.S. from World Health Organization over coronavirus response