For two years, Abby Finkenauer promised Eastern Iowans that she would improve Iowa’s infrastructure. When she unveiled her INVEST in America Act, it was riddled with a liberal laundry list of demands. Instead of paying for crumbling roads and bridges, Congresswoman Finkenauer wants Iowans to pay for charging stations for pricey electric vehicles. Our taxpayer dollars should go to programs that rebuild our roads and expand broadband services for the everyday Iowan — not just folks who drive Teslas. We need strong infrastructure legislation without loopholes that only benefit the elite.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football playoffs: Updated brackets released for third round
- Iowa football at Purdue: Live updates, highlights, box score and more
- A red flag for Iowa Hawkeyes after they got lots of yellow ones against Purdue
- Purdue 24, Iowa 20: Hawkeyes leave season opener ‘frustrated, sad, upset’
- No. 6 Oklahoma State 24, No. 17 Iowa State 21: Cyclones miss opportunities in Big 12 showdown
- Iowa QB Spencer Petras has mixed results in first career start