Here here to Adam Sulivan for his column “We let this happen,” Jan. 8. Long after Joe Biden was declared the winner and even in the days leading up to the Jan. 6 insurrection, our Iowa political leadership refused to acknowledge Biden’s victory. Our governor still is in denial. What kind of leadership is that? Sullivan is right on the mark pointing out their silence and feeble responses to Trump’s incendiary rhetoric. Iowa can do better!
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball stifles No. 4 Ohio State for season’s biggest win
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: The Gazette's predictions
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Live stream, Monday's schedule, score updates
- Iowa girls’ state basketball 2021: A closer look at Monday’s games
- COVID-19 cases decline among vaccinated health care workers in Cedar Rapids
- Can Decorah close the gap and compete with Western Dubuque?