No one was a bigger fan of Doonesbury back in the day when Garry Trudeau was creating original strips. But really, it’s time to pull the plug on this experiment. The Doonesbury reprints are sadly dated. It’s unfortunate to read strips on the Clinton administration, and I’m pretty confident that even Trudeau wouldn’t approve of your rerunning the recent series where Mark comes out as gay. Those strips were cutting edge 25 years ago, but now verge on inappropriate. Do what you will with Mallard, but Doonesbury needs to stop now. It’s an affront to Trudeau to publish 25-year-old political opinion strips as if they are current.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Iowa DB Maurice Fleming adds to accusations made against Kirk Ferentz, Chris Doyle
- School reopening plans: Iowa City to require masks while Cedar Rapids, Linn-Mar, College Community, Marion decisions coming soon
- Liberty’s Kara Maiers no-hits Linn-Mar, then the Lions salvage a split
- Iowa sees continued uptick in coronavirus hospitalizations
- University of Iowa faculty, instructors share fall fears with students
- 4A, 3A Iowa high school baseball teams get substate assignments