Although I encourage kayaking, there are a few things that the public needs to be aware of. You need to wear a personal flotation device, or PFD. You should take a safety course, and under no circumstances paddle in floodwaters. While bargains on kayaks can be had at Walmart or farm stores, they cannot teach you how to paddle them, nor are they a good bargain. This is one of those cases where more money is worth it. CrawDaddy Outdoors is worth it. No, I don’t get paid a dime. Be safe on the water.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids police seek help to identify suspects in several home invasions
- Former Iowa men’s basketball coach Todd Lickliter named head coach at Evansville
- It's all Iowa City West against Waterloo West in matchup of 4A's No. 2 and No. 3-ranked teams
- No. 1 Iowa City High rallies to force OT, then escapes Cedar Falls
- Man faces vehicular homicide charges in hit-and-run wreck that killed one, seriously injured another
- Solomon Young ‘played like Shaq’ in carrying Iowa State men’s basketball past Oklahoma State