Although I encourage kayaking, there are a few things that the public needs to be aware of. You need to wear a personal flotation device, or PFD. You should take a safety course, and under no circumstances paddle in floodwaters. While bargains on kayaks can be had at Walmart or farm stores, they cannot teach you how to paddle them, nor are they a good bargain. This is one of those cases where more money is worth it. CrawDaddy Outdoors is worth it. No, I don’t get paid a dime. Be safe on the water.
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- ‘Shop Iowa’ gives brick-and-mortar stores chance to sell products online
- Iowa high school sports in the summer of COVID-19 brought mixed emotions
- Capitol Ideas column: Kim Reynolds’ coronavirus response approval rating plummets
- CANCELED: Cedar Rapids police issue Operation Quickfind for 13-year-old girl
- Iowa reports 321 new coronavirus cases, five deaths
- Retail rout continues as Men’s Wearhouse, others seek bankruptcy protection