Although I encourage kayaking, there are a few things that the public needs to be aware of. You need to wear a personal flotation device, or PFD. You should take a safety course, and under no circumstances paddle in floodwaters. While bargains on kayaks can be had at Walmart or farm stores, they cannot teach you how to paddle them, nor are they a good bargain. This is one of those cases where more money is worth it. CrawDaddy Outdoors is worth it. No, I don’t get paid a dime. Be safe on the water.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football preseason rankings: Western Dubuque, Waukon start No. 1 in 3A, 2A
- Hiawatha woman accused of stealing $70,000 from employer
- 4 Downs with Iowa’s special teams: The Hawkeyes will probably spring some ‘trickeration’
- At sentencing, sex abuse victim says Iowa City man ‘tormented and obliterated’ her
- Waukon football's expectations run higher after state semifinal trip
- Ethanol waivers ‘clear violation’ of commitments to farmers: Gov. Reynolds, Ag Sec. Naig