Although I encourage kayaking, there are a few things that the public needs to be aware of. You need to wear a personal flotation device, or PFD. You should take a safety course, and under no circumstances paddle in floodwaters. While bargains on kayaks can be had at Walmart or farm stores, they cannot teach you how to paddle them, nor are they a good bargain. This is one of those cases where more money is worth it. CrawDaddy Outdoors is worth it. No, I don’t get paid a dime. Be safe on the water.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Iowa high school football 2019: The Gazette's area district predictions
- Right now, no reason Iowa Hawkeyes shouldn’t be Big Ten contenders
- Mary Budke’s near half-century of amateur golf brings her to Cedar Rapids Country Club
- Minnesota Twins outfielder Byron Buxton returning to Cedar Rapids Kernels on injury rehab stint
- Iowans in pro baseball: A.J. Puk makes MLB debut, Mitch Keller gets 1st MLB win
- Cedar Rapids arrests map for Friday, August 23