Although I encourage kayaking, there are a few things that the public needs to be aware of. You need to wear a personal flotation device, or PFD. You should take a safety course, and under no circumstances paddle in floodwaters. While bargains on kayaks can be had at Walmart or farm stores, they cannot teach you how to paddle them, nor are they a good bargain. This is one of those cases where more money is worth it. CrawDaddy Outdoors is worth it. No, I don’t get paid a dime. Be safe on the water.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football projected playoff pairings, with 2 weeks to go
- 'It's going to be packed': Biggest game in MFL MarMac football history awaits
- Mount Vernon volleyball has found a new gear
- 3A No. 1 Clear Creek Amana wins first Wamac boys’ cross country title
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition first major group to snub RAGBRAI for new Iowa’s Ride
- Schedule released for Rivalry Saturday 2019 in Cedar Rapids