Instead of arguing sometimes in favor, in 2020, and sometimes against, in 2016, confirming Supreme Court justices in an election year, it seems to me the Senate needs a simple rule to be followed every time. Senators should be spending time solving problems such as the pandemic and its resulting unemployment, climate change and health care. The Senate needs a consistent rule for its confirmation process.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa wrestling gets bonus points in 5 matches, mauls Minnesota
- Iowa football newcomer Justice Sullivan all about strength
- Cedar Rapids Washington has seniors, sophomores, a freshman ... and a winning team
- Colby Dolphin scores career-high 19, seals Cedar Rapids Kennedy win over Linn-Mar
- Couple faces charges in Cedar Rapids murder with pellet gun that was staged to look like a suicide
- Iowa boys' basketball 1A, 2A district assignments: North Linn and Springville split up