Sen. Joni Ernst’s most recent emailed letter is regarding congressional involvement in securing election security. She states “the right of individual states to administer the election process must be protected.” And I agree. Ernst goes on to assert that “Congress can, and must, play a supporting role to ensure that these elections remain free and fair.” Well, for starters, how about the senator telling that to her 100-plus Trump compatriots next door in the House of Representatives who have engaged in every conceivable maneuver to subvert what, by all accounts, has been the freest and fairest election in American history? Ernst needs to look to clean up the subversive politics of her own party before announcing that she favors congressional involvement in protecting the election process that each state chooses and maintains for itself. Ernst and her party are in no position to provide advice, guidance or assistance to the states as to how they should run their elections freely and fairly.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa wrestling opens season in dominating fashion against Nebraska
- Solon boys’ basketball overcomes Mount Vernon in overtime, 74-70
- Vinton-Shellsburg tops CPU in girls’ basketball for the first time in 10 years
- Photos: Iowa Hawkeyes wrestling vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers
- UNI women’s basketball can’t keep up with No. 25 Missouri State in series opener
- U.S. Rep. Ashley Hinson waiting to see details of Biden’s $1.9 trillion relief plan