I am writing to express my worry about the future of the Republican Party. Even though I usually vote Democratic, I value strong representation of alternative viewpoints and approaches to governing. Our democracy functions best when many voices are heard and solutions conceived from a process of compromise and learning from each other. I see this president causing people to either leave the party, or to see the GOP in a changed light. The reputation of the GOP is at stake. Please stop your support of his presidency and speak up loudly that he does not represent the traditional values your party has stood for. Save the Republican Party from further damage that could extend for generations.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Diamond Dave's day at Kinnick
- Iowa high school football playoff picks: Most intriguing games, upset alerts and more
- Marc Morehouse leaves The Gazette, but ‘don’t call it a retirement’
- Using Grubhub or Doordash to get food delivered? That’s trouble for some local restaurants
- Chew on This: Eastern Iowa restaurant wins Best Breaded Tenderloin title
- Sigourney-Keota dominates after last season’s disappointment