I am writing to express my worry about the future of the Republican Party. Even though I usually vote Democratic, I value strong representation of alternative viewpoints and approaches to governing. Our democracy functions best when many voices are heard and solutions conceived from a process of compromise and learning from each other. I see this president causing people to either leave the party, or to see the GOP in a changed light. The reputation of the GOP is at stake. Please stop your support of his presidency and speak up loudly that he does not represent the traditional values your party has stood for. Save the Republican Party from further damage that could extend for generations.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Monday storm forecast to drop up to a foot of snow
- Former Iowa football player Dalles Jacobus plans next steps for music career
- Iowa’s COVID-19 hospitalizations dip to four-month low
- Fact Checker: Are classrooms in pandemic as safe as Gov. Reynolds claims?
- Photos: Northern Iowa and Iowa State vs. Oklahoma Wrestling
- Hardest hit by COVID-19, communities of color among most hesitant to get vaccine