Thank you for the article on rural hospitals on Sept. 29. Some of them are absolutely outstanding in their service. One is the Washington County Hospital and Clinics in Washington, Iowa. Its addition of high quality professionals such as Dr. Todd Ajax and Dr. Stephan Schomer, among others, make it a top-rated hospital for those who desire a familial setting, quality care, personable staff, and professional support — all in a small local community. I cannot recommend WCHC enough. Their integrity exudes from their employees. If they cannot deal with the medical issue presented them, they honestly state such and advise a facility in a larger community that can appropriately handle the situation. This hospital is truly a Godsend.
Rev. Karl Heck
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa ships out to San Diego for Holiday Bowl vs. USC
- Iowa State football fans elevate Cyclones to Camping World Bowl
- Iowa's A.J. Epenesa and Tristan Wirfs ask for NFL draft grades and thus begins the process
- Iowa, Iowa State face college football royalty this bowl season
- Tyrese Haliburton puts No. 16 Seton Hall away in frenetic Iowa State basketball win
- Toddville native Mitch Harger orchestrating NASA spacewalk