All individuals involved in the making of rules regarding seclusion and/or restraint of disruptive students should be required to spend a year dealing with disruptive students on a daily basis. After that experience, they would gain credibility and be better qualified to regulate how schools deal with such students.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa vs. Cincinnati: Tipoff time, TV channel announced for NCAA tournament game
- NCAA tournament bracket: Iowa is a No. 10-seed, Iowa State gets No. 6-seed
- Iowa plays Cincinnati in NCAA men’s basketball tournament
- Iowa women's basketball: No. 2-seed likely in NCAA tournament
- The online world of breast milk sharing
- 5 years of kids and coding at the New Bohemian Innovation Collaboration