As one of many hard working state workers for Iowa it is difficult to fathom how little value Gov. Kim Reynolds sees in us. She recently proposed no cost of living increases for state workers for two years or until the next contract negotiation. After a year of what this state and world has been through with COVID-19 this is what she thinks we are worth. Nurses, correctional workers, and teachers, firefighters, etc. deserve much better. She uses us conveniently in her press briefings to say how much good work we are doing yet she has a funny way of showing it. She conveniently gives raises to those close to her but sees little value in those on the front lines. It’s unfortunate. It’s degrading. This is who Reynolds is. She takes credit from the hard working backs of Iowans, yet dismisses us as needless commodities. Thank you madam. I’m so glad you find it easy to impress the man in the Oval Office yet find little motivation to impress your fellow Iowans.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball loving new view from top of the Big Ten
- Iowa Hawkeyes' balance makes Northwestern dizzy Sunday in 96-73 blowout
- Brucemore estate’s first capital campaign exceeds $5 million goal
- Joe Biden outlines ‘Day One’ agenda of executive actions
- Iowa women’s basketball: Home win streak behind, Hawkeyes reset for Purdue
- Iowa State wrestling shows youth, makes mistakes in 31-7 loss to Missouri