My wife and I went to four restaurants in Cedar Rapids this week and, aside from us, not a server or patron had a mask on. Do people, particularly business owners, not understand that this leads to more spread and ultimately another probable shut down? Owners need to follow a higher standard; they have a greater responsibility to the public and to their staff. Restaurant and bar owners in particular should take every step possible to ensure safety due to the nature of their environment. I am a lifelong Iowan and am disappointed in what I’ve experienced during this time of reopening.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa City areas walloped by 100+ mph hurricane-force winds
- Collins Aerospace to lay off 72 Iowa employees
- Area volleyball preseason Super Ten: Mount Vernon is No. 1
- Independence football team deals with COVID-19 in preseason camp but is ready to go for fall practice
- Fact Checker: Ad about ‘death tax’ harming Iowa farms mostly false
- University of Iowa steadfast in plan for in-person learning this fall