My wife and I went to four restaurants in Cedar Rapids this week and, aside from us, not a server or patron had a mask on. Do people, particularly business owners, not understand that this leads to more spread and ultimately another probable shut down? Owners need to follow a higher standard; they have a greater responsibility to the public and to their staff. Restaurant and bar owners in particular should take every step possible to ensure safety due to the nature of their environment. I am a lifelong Iowan and am disappointed in what I’ve experienced during this time of reopening.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Colby Dolphin scores career-high 19, seals Cedar Rapids Kennedy win over Linn-Mar
- Cedar Rapids Washington has seniors, sophomores, a freshman ... and a winning team
- Iowa wrestling gets bonus points in 5 matches, mauls Minnesota
- No. 1 Maquoketa Valley edges North Linn, 44-40, moves to 16-0
- Photos: C.R. Washington vs. C.R. Jefferson, Iowa high school boys' basketball
- Iowa boys' basketball 1A, 2A district assignments: North Linn and Springville split up