My wife and I went to four restaurants in Cedar Rapids this week and, aside from us, not a server or patron had a mask on. Do people, particularly business owners, not understand that this leads to more spread and ultimately another probable shut down? Owners need to follow a higher standard; they have a greater responsibility to the public and to their staff. Restaurant and bar owners in particular should take every step possible to ensure safety due to the nature of their environment. I am a lifelong Iowan and am disappointed in what I’ve experienced during this time of reopening.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football roundup: Second-round playoff scores, stats and more
- Iowa football at Purdue: TV channel, live stream, start time, predictions
- Iowa high school football playoffs: Updated brackets released for third round
- Watching the Hawkeyes?
- Iowa football at Purdue: Live updates, highlights, box score and more
- West Delaware pounds Western Dubuque to move to 3A football round of 16