As a devout environmentalist, I have recently spent time worrying about whether it is best to have paper straws wrapped in plastic or maybe plastic straws wrapped in paper. But I was shaken with your recent headline, “Linn County Landfill has only 25 years left”—another huge environmental problem needed to be solved. I guess, however, since I am 86 and don’t live in Linn County, I have decided not to spend a lot of time worrying about how to deal with this newly discovered horrendous environmental dilema.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids police seek help to identify suspects in several home invasions
- Former Iowa men’s basketball coach Todd Lickliter named head coach at Evansville
- It's all Iowa City West against Waterloo West in matchup of 4A's No. 2 and No. 3-ranked teams
- No. 1 Iowa City High rallies to force OT, then escapes Cedar Falls
- Man faces vehicular homicide charges in hit-and-run wreck that killed one, seriously injured another
- Solomon Young ‘played like Shaq’ in carrying Iowa State men’s basketball past Oklahoma State