As a devout environmentalist, I have recently spent time worrying about whether it is best to have paper straws wrapped in plastic or maybe plastic straws wrapped in paper. But I was shaken with your recent headline, “Linn County Landfill has only 25 years left”—another huge environmental problem needed to be solved. I guess, however, since I am 86 and don’t live in Linn County, I have decided not to spend a lot of time worrying about how to deal with this newly discovered horrendous environmental dilema.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids man seriously injured after fireworks incident in Marion
- Over protests, Muscatine mayor mandates masks
- 4 men die, 1 woman injured in Des Moines crash
- Iowa reports no new coronavirus deaths Sunday
- Joni Ernst launches first TV ad as another poll shows tight Iowa Senate race
- Motorcyclist from Walker seriously injured in Linn County crash Saturday