As a devout environmentalist, I have recently spent time worrying about whether it is best to have paper straws wrapped in plastic or maybe plastic straws wrapped in paper. But I was shaken with your recent headline, “Linn County Landfill has only 25 years left”—another huge environmental problem needed to be solved. I guess, however, since I am 86 and don’t live in Linn County, I have decided not to spend a lot of time worrying about how to deal with this newly discovered horrendous environmental dilema.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Procter and Gamble in Iowa City, Nordstrom center in Cedar Rapids employees test positive for COVID-19
- One person killed, three injured, after head-on collision near Atkins
- Iowa commits Keegan and Kris Murray hit home run at DME Sports Academy
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for April 1: C.R. announces April changes for Parks and Rec programs
- Watch: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' coronavirus update for Wednesday, April 1
- Kirk Ferentz repeats curve-flattening message and waits and watches as college football sits in limbo