As a devout environmentalist, I have recently spent time worrying about whether it is best to have paper straws wrapped in plastic or maybe plastic straws wrapped in paper. But I was shaken with your recent headline, “Linn County Landfill has only 25 years left”—another huge environmental problem needed to be solved. I guess, however, since I am 86 and don’t live in Linn County, I have decided not to spend a lot of time worrying about how to deal with this newly discovered horrendous environmental dilema.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa’s Backbone State Park gets $650K from Leona Helmsley’s trust. Yes, that Leona Helmsley.
- With a new-look lineup, Western Dubuque wrestling beats Iowa City High
- Jurors hear 9-year-old’s call for help: ‘My mom stabbed my dad’
- Iowa vs. Iowa State men's basketball: Box score, highlights, live updates recap
- Photos: Iowa vs. Iowa State men’s basketball
- Study: Flood recovery rules work against Iowa’s most vulnerable