The guest column by Steve Shriver in Tuesday’s Gazette was a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the negative news on the coronavirus. Thanks for reminding us of the good that can come in simple things such as spending more time with our families, connecting online and by phone with our neighbors and friends, and even spending time outdoors in a safe manner. It is true that we all pray for an end to this dreadful virus, but perhaps it will turn our thoughts to the most important areas of our life: our faith (God still is on His throne) and family.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa State finds 66 students with COVID-19 upon move-in
- Missouri Valley Football Conference to cancel 2020 fall season
- $21 million in COVID-19 aid goes toward Iowa computer system
- Jerry Burns sentenced to life for killing Michelle Martinko in 1979
- Iowa wide receiver Oliver Martin back in the transfer portal
- $26 million coming Iowa student internet connections