The guest column by Steve Shriver in Tuesday’s Gazette was a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the negative news on the coronavirus. Thanks for reminding us of the good that can come in simple things such as spending more time with our families, connecting online and by phone with our neighbors and friends, and even spending time outdoors in a safe manner. It is true that we all pray for an end to this dreadful virus, but perhaps it will turn our thoughts to the most important areas of our life: our faith (God still is on His throne) and family.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Urbana fisherman’s body found
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for May 28: Cedar Rapids, Marion park playgrounds reopen Monday, Twin Pines Golf Course to reopen June 4
- Cedar Rapids lawmaker wants legislative session delayed
- Photos: Liberty High School graduation
- Iowa AD Gary Barta says the goal is a full Kinnick Stadium this fall, but that path isn't going to be easy or clear
- Cedar Rapids police investigating white supremacist sign found in NewBo