On Aug. 17, on the closed Winslow Road, two highway workmen with a truck were fixing a “No Passing” sign. I repeat, fixing a “No Passing” sign on a closed road. With all the damage and help that is needed, how could that be a priority? The road will not open anytime soon and so much other help is needed elsewhere. What a waste of two men and that shiny new truck. What is wrong with Linn County and Iowa in general, that when the second worst disaster in it’s history happens, they completely fail the citizens.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Miller-Meeks’ lead shrinks to 6 votes over Hart after full recount in Iowa 2nd District race
- Iowa sees 2,245 new coronavirus cases
- Otherwise-rotten 2020 has a winning glow at Iowa State
- So far, Luka Garza is a point-scoring, shot-making machine
- IHAP looking for more land
- Will this be a historic winter for bird-watching?