On Aug. 17, on the closed Winslow Road, two highway workmen with a truck were fixing a “No Passing” sign. I repeat, fixing a “No Passing” sign on a closed road. With all the damage and help that is needed, how could that be a priority? The road will not open anytime soon and so much other help is needed elsewhere. What a waste of two men and that shiny new truck. What is wrong with Linn County and Iowa in general, that when the second worst disaster in it’s history happens, they completely fail the citizens.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City’s Bo-James among bars accused of violating COVID-19 orders
- Sicker patients now packing University of Iowa hospitals
- Johnson County switches its namesake from slave owner to Black scholar
- University of Iowa expects football resurrection will pare down deficit, but cut sports to remain eliminated
- Coronavirus hospitalizations trending up in Iowa
- Matt McDonough joins Cornell College wrestling staff