I propose when a policeman finds cause to arrest someone we have a set of rules. The policeman will speak kindly to de-escalate and will not be allowed to use a Taser, pistol, or baton. He may not use performance enhancing drugs. The arrestee will be allowed to spit, swear and have a rock in one hand. If the policeman applies a chokehold they will break and restart from a neutral position. The audience may cheer for the arrestee and boo the policeman.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa State finds 66 students with COVID-19 upon move-in
- Missouri Valley Football Conference to cancel 2020 fall season
- $21 million in COVID-19 aid goes toward Iowa computer system
- Jerry Burns sentenced to life for killing Michelle Martinko in 1979
- Iowa wide receiver Oliver Martin back in the transfer portal
- $26 million coming Iowa student internet connections