No one who watched the first presidential debate can reasonably conclude there was a winner. Only a partisan with an irrational devotion to their candidate would think either Donald Trump or Joe Biden won. It was a rude debacle that did not influence anyone — only spoke to the choir. The losers are the moderator and the United States. We need two new choices for president. It is an insult to the people to be forced to choose between these individuals.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- COVID-19 hospitalizations remain high in Iowa
- Clear Creek Amana's Calia Clubb commits to Illinois State volleyball
- A new crew of standouts has lifted Lisbon volleyball even higher
- Iowa high school football playoffs: Kennedy, Prairie set for rematch
- Joni Ernst: ‘I have been fighting for Iowa’
- North Liberty man accused of drunkenly damaging woman’s home