No one who watched the first presidential debate can reasonably conclude there was a winner. Only a partisan with an irrational devotion to their candidate would think either Donald Trump or Joe Biden won. It was a rude debacle that did not influence anyone — only spoke to the choir. The losers are the moderator and the United States. We need two new choices for president. It is an insult to the people to be forced to choose between these individuals.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football: Keeping up with the 15 Hawkeyes leaving this offseason
- Iowa vs. Northwestern men’s basketball glance: Time, TV, live stream, team data
- Iowa counts 64 more deaths from coronavirus
- Iowa men's basketball: Hawkeyes’ inside-out game turning defenses inside-out
- Photos: Jefferson High School wrestling hosts the J-Hawk Invitational
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day events in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids