Your Pluggers cartoon of Feb. 17 really hit home. The caption read, “A plugger hopes that “gram of fat” doesn’t turn into a “gramma fat.” When my nephew, John Engelbrecht of Mount Vernon was a little guy, his mom told him not to eat the croutons straight out of the bag because they contained so many grams of fat. He thought a moment and asked with a frown, “So croutons are what made grandma fat?” It has long since been a favorite family memory, though grandma didn’t find it quite so humorous!
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Girls’ basketball: Updated 2020-21 all-conference teams
- Iowa City woman faces kidnapping, assault charges
- No. 1 North Linn survives Alburnett in 1A boys' basketball district final
- Dr. Percy and Lileah Harris’ Cedar Rapids home receives historic designation honoring civil rights history
- Underdog Iowa Hawkeyes try to topple Big Ten’s top dog, Michigan
- Dowling edges Cedar Rapids Washington for girls' state basketball berth