Pete Buttigieg is the best candidate to beat Trump in the presidential election in 2020. He is an inclusive leader to guide us forward from the divisive years of immoral arrogance. We all have the same wants and desires: living wage, own our home, a good job, and take care of our families. With Mayor Pete we would see: taxing wealth more not income harder; working two or more jobs to just make a living wage is not economic prosperity; inclusively involves working and rural communities to solve climate change, healthcare, and economic fairness is the way forward; ending systemic racism, gender discrimination, and intolerance toward immigrants would make us all belong to this great country; respecting the military personnel, their families, and veterans with a deep understanding of the far-reaching ramifications of deliberately bombing a foreign general; an emphasis on mental health care; get rid of the current Education Secretary that has done everything to undermine public education; and see that common sense gun control is necessary for the safety of all beating hearts in this country. I encourage you to support Mayor Pete in the Iowa caucuses.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Procter and Gamble in Iowa City, Nordstrom center in Cedar Rapids employees test positive for COVID-19
- One person killed, three injured, after head-on collision near Atkins
- Iowa commits Keegan and Kris Murray hit home run at DME Sports Academy
- Watch: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' coronavirus update for Wednesday, April 1
- Kirk Ferentz repeats curve-flattening message and waits and watches as college football sits in limbo
- Iowa minor leaguers adjust to postponed baseball season, appreciate getting paid during break