A recent guest editorial from a University of Iowa professor (“Ernst is wrong about the Paris Climate Agreement” Feb. 14) took Sen. Joni Ernst to task for criticizing the U.S. return to the Paris Climate Agreement. He mansplained to Ernst (and all the rest of us rednecks), that the Paris Climate Agreement does not impose regulations. Rather it asks that each participating government decide for itself what it will do to reduce greenhouse emissions. Believe it or not we rednecks can follow the logic. The Paris Climate Agreement may not impose regulations, but assuredly the respective governments will. It sure seems to this redneck that it is splitting hairs to say that the Paris Climate Agreement imposes no regulations.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Girls’ basketball: Updated 2020-21 all-conference teams
- No. 1 North Linn survives Alburnett in 1A boys' basketball district final
- Iowa City woman faces kidnapping, assault charges
- Dr. Percy and Lileah Harris’ Cedar Rapids home receives historic designation honoring civil rights history
- Dowling edges Cedar Rapids Washington for girls' state basketball berth
- Underdog Iowa Hawkeyes try to topple Big Ten’s top dog, Michigan