In America, voters pick our leaders, our leaders do not pick and choose which voices to heed and which to silence. Americans turned out in record numbers and elected Joe Biden by an overwhelming margin of more than 5.7 million votes and with 306 electoral votes. Trump could not keep Americans from voting and he could not stop local election administrators from counting. Now that dozens of judges have thrown Trump’s lawsuits out of court, he is attempting to subvert the will of the voters. Our Republican leaders, Sens. Chuck Grassley and Joni Ernst, serve the people and the Constitution; they are violating their sacred oath and our rights as voters. The only legal and moral option for these senators is to acknowledge Biden as President-elect so we can move forward together to make sure our families can get the care and support we need and tackle the alarming spike in COVID cases and casualties.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball loving new view from top of the Big Ten
- Iowa Hawkeyes' balance makes Northwestern dizzy Sunday in 96-73 blowout
- Brucemore estate’s first capital campaign exceeds $5 million goal
- Joe Biden outlines ‘Day One’ agenda of executive actions
- Iowa women’s basketball: Home win streak behind, Hawkeyes reset for Purdue
- Iowa State wrestling shows youth, makes mistakes in 31-7 loss to Missouri