I recently received a review of my charges for a recent medical procedure. The listed cost was $2,100. It showed my Medicare authorized amount was $435.00. Medicare paid $138.00 and it showed I owe nothing. So I guess because I have Medicare, and a private insurance policy I can afford, I am OK. I just wonder what a person without Medicare or private insurance, because they can’t afford it, would be charged. My understanding is the service provider might negotiate a slightly lower amount than the $2,100. So I guess if you can’t afford insurance, you will be will be charged an exorbitant amount of money. What kind of health care system is that?
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Brawl outside Cedar Rapids strip club involving thrown propane tank earns 3 men trip back to federal prison
- Melee at Bever Park in SE Cedar Rapids ends with 18-year-old woman getting shot, police say
- Iowa high school football 2020 offseason rankings: Class 1A
- More than 500 students remain in Iowa university residence halls
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for April 8:
- Iowa football 2020 depth chart projections