President Donald Trump’s botched management of the coronavirus crisis in this country is an infuriating embarrassment. In this time of uncertainty and fear, one would expect the national leader to rise above partisan politics and speak using the basis of fact and truth. Instead, he had never veered from his standard practice of speaking from his vanity, narcissism and ignorance. He has combated the truth with his ‘hunches’ while attempting to ensure this situation will not hurt his chances for reelection. I am not shocked because this is standard behavior for him, and I am very eager to cast my vote for his opponent in November.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school softball: It’s time for crossing fingers, holding breath — and social distancing
- Average number of new coronavirus cases increases in Iowa
- Micro businesses set to open at West End Marion on Friday
- Kal Goodchild is back coaching, back at Benton Community
- Iowa reports highest single-day increase in coronavirus cases since May 1
- A broken light, a bunch of hit batters ... and a split for Iowa City West, Cedar Rapids Kennedy