President Donald Trump’s botched management of the coronavirus crisis in this country is an infuriating embarrassment. In this time of uncertainty and fear, one would expect the national leader to rise above partisan politics and speak using the basis of fact and truth. Instead, he had never veered from his standard practice of speaking from his vanity, narcissism and ignorance. He has combated the truth with his ‘hunches’ while attempting to ensure this situation will not hurt his chances for reelection. I am not shocked because this is standard behavior for him, and I am very eager to cast my vote for his opponent in November.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Be ‘cautious and aware’ when outdoors, Linn County law enforcement officials urge
- Dr. Anthony Fauci was ready for this
- Capitol Ideas: Shelter-at-home question dogging Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds
- Ian Johnston continues to work on golf game
- With Iowa Legislature idled, tax swap idea on hold
- Cedar Rapids natives A.J. Puk and Mitch Keller will be ready when MLB starts again