It’s awfully hard to feel Kirk Ferentz’s “hurt” at having to endure a 15% pay cut from his $5.5 MILLION salary when so many Iowans have lost their jobs and their livelihoods altogether and cannot support their families. Such a sad shame that the “big-name Iowa Hawkeye coaches” must suffer this way. And a shame such an article is highlighted as the front page headline piece. Let’s think about our priorities here.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Cleanup from Iowa storm continues Wednesday
- Iowa storm updates: Latest on power outages, cleanup in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City areas, Aug. 12
- What is a derecho? Iowa storm packed 100+ mph winds
- Utilities make progress on restoring power
- Iowa storm devastates farms as nearly half of state’s row crop acres damaged
- Photos: Rural Iowa cleans up after derecho hit Monday