It makes me nervous to hear Iowa House Speaker Linda Upmeyer compare working on taxes and the state budget to a game that ends when the whole thing comes tumbling down.
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Shaken, not slurred: James Bond had ‘a severe chronic alcohol problem,’ public health experts say
- As government shutdown looms, Sen. Joni Ernst not backing down on ‘Make ’em Squeal’ campaign
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: A new No. 1 in Class 2A
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after brief standoff
- Two men arrested after shooting at Cedar Rapids apartment building
- 3 state executives leaving Kim Reynolds’ new administration