I see the U.S. House Freedom Caucus wants to take after Speaker Paul Ryan and force a vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act without a hint of a replacement plan (“House conservatives hope to revive Obamacare repeal vote,” Aug. 13). I have a nice, big stick for them to use, and I’m scouting around to find a dead horse for them to flog properly.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Play Action: No. 16 Wisconsin Badgers at Iowa Hawkeyes
- Truck-into-home crash wasn’t first for Iowa semi driver, records show
- Person of interest in Duchess Cleaners fire faces arson charges in other cases
- Looking for a kitten? Special 2-for-1 kitten sale underway at Animal Care in Cedar Rapids
- Rockwell Collins, custodial union agree to grievance remedy, avoiding strike
- Cedar Rapids Jefferson earns first win of the football season in 21-19 upset of Waterloo West