President Donald Trump and others in Congress are proposing tax cuts. Experts have said the cuts will benefit corporate and the wealthy the most and will have little relief for middle and lower class people. We have been down that road before. President Ronald Reagan did the same, saying “A rising tide lifts all boats.” The ‘tide’ raised the yachts and swamped the canoes. George H.W. Bush called it “voodoo economics.” With an annual budget deficit and nearly $20 trillion debt, how can there be talk of cuts? What is wrong with these people?
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Play Action: No. 16 Wisconsin Badgers at Iowa Hawkeyes
- Truck-into-home crash wasn’t first for Iowa semi driver, records show
- Person of interest in Duchess Cleaners fire faces arson charges in other cases
- Looking for a kitten? Special 2-for-1 kitten sale underway at Animal Care in Cedar Rapids
- Rockwell Collins, custodial union agree to grievance remedy, avoiding strike
- Officials consider options for GO Cedar Rapids