I think the city literally has lost its mind. The streets in downtown Cedar Rapids are absolutely impossible to navigate, not to mention taking down signal lights that most likely will lay around and rust, then making and installing new signs which probably cost taxpayers thousands of dollars. All of this to benefit downtown, which most people avoid. The start and stop traffic is slowing the flow way down to the point where accidents are inevitable. All these changes happening that in 20 years will be changed back because someone from out of state will convince a new City Council that traffic will “flow better” when the streets are one way. I hope I live long enough to see the city have to admit they made a huge mistake. I won’t even begin the letter about how awful our streets are on every side of town.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football roundup: Week 5 area scores, stats and more
- Central City proves it, knocks off 9th-ranked Turkey Valley, 56-42
- Marion rallies to stun Center Point-Urbana on the road
- Iowa City man accused of repeatedly sexually abusing young girl
- Independence gets a rare football win over archrival West Delaware
- Iowa high school football Week 5: Who the ranked teams face