Let’s compromise on the fireworks that are allowed. Simply ban the ones that are noisy. You could have sparklers, bottle rockets (without report), fountains, aerial displays and so forth. Firecrackers could be allowed only within 50 feet of Iowa legislators’ homes.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Another comeback sends Cedar Rapids Washington to state baseball
- Iowa City Council seat open after Kingsley Botchway II resigns
- Springville woman hospitalized with ‘life-threatening injuries’ after rollover accident on County Home Road
- Man identified who was found in Iowa River
- Prosecutor dismisses attempted murder charges in downtown Cedar Rapids shooting
- Solon shuts out Fairfield for 7th trip to state baseball