Let me see if I have this correct. Someone in the White House believes Hillary Clinton, with the help of Russians, lost on purpose so Donald Trump could be impeached. A Republican senator puts Trump in the same league as Jesus. And Trump, who has broken nine of the Ten Commandments, wants us to pray for him. This all would be funny if it weren’t true. But to be honest, I am praying for Trump — I pray that he has a few good men around him who will prevent him from leading us into a Third World country. I also pray for his soul so he won’t have to look up.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Iowa DB Maurice Fleming adds to accusations made against Kirk Ferentz, Chris Doyle
- School reopening plans: Iowa City to require masks while Cedar Rapids, Linn-Mar, College Community, Marion decisions coming soon
- Liberty’s Kara Maiers no-hits Linn-Mar, then the Lions salvage a split
- Iowa sees continued uptick in coronavirus hospitalizations
- University of Iowa faculty, instructors share fall fears with students
- 4A, 3A Iowa high school baseball teams get substate assignments