Let me see if I have this correct. Someone in the White House believes Hillary Clinton, with the help of Russians, lost on purpose so Donald Trump could be impeached. A Republican senator puts Trump in the same league as Jesus. And Trump, who has broken nine of the Ten Commandments, wants us to pray for him. This all would be funny if it weren’t true. But to be honest, I am praying for Trump — I pray that he has a few good men around him who will prevent him from leading us into a Third World country. I also pray for his soul so he won’t have to look up.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Spencer Lee earns first-period tech fall, Iowa wrestling takes care of Nebraska
- Lisa Bluder: Wisconsin 'is ticked' and 'really tired of this' as Iowa seeks 21st straight win in series
- Hawkeyes men’s basketball team and its fans: It looks like love
- Photos: Iowa wrestling defeats Nebraska
- Meet the UI Writers’ Workshop grad whose novel is about to take over the world
- UI alum Garth Greenwell explores the mysteries of love and pleasure in new novel “Cleanness”