Let me see if I have this correct. Someone in the White House believes Hillary Clinton, with the help of Russians, lost on purpose so Donald Trump could be impeached. A Republican senator puts Trump in the same league as Jesus. And Trump, who has broken nine of the Ten Commandments, wants us to pray for him. This all would be funny if it weren’t true. But to be honest, I am praying for Trump — I pray that he has a few good men around him who will prevent him from leading us into a Third World country. I also pray for his soul so he won’t have to look up.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Brandon Horman, former Cedar Rapids Jefferson boys’ basketball coach, taking over at Lisbon
- As Maggie McQuillen fights, support comes from Anamosa and beyond
- Iowa Board of Medicine urges governor to require shelter in place
- Cordell Pemsl transferring out of Iowa men’s basketball program
- 12 years in prison for Cedar Rapids man who sold meth
- Farmers are dumping milk, after they can’t offset loss due to school closings