While Iowa struggles to cope with the myriad problems caused by the COVID-19 virus, the solution to the situation has been right before our eyes the whole time. We need only to abolish the office of governor, as well as the state legislature, and set up a duumvirate of Todd Dorman and Lyz Lenz to oversee the state. Instead of the current way in which the issue is being mishandled, we would see concise, effective action which would solve all aspects of the problem. Beyond the current health crisis, we would benefit by the correction of everything, from polluted water to social injustice, that is wrong with the state.
MORE Letters to the Editor ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school state volleyball brackets: 2020 pairings, schedule for 5A, 4A, 3A
- Marion drops 5-set regional volleyball final to Dallas Center-Grimes
- Iowa Youth Straw Poll shows Republican sweep
- Former University of Iowa provost takes questions about why she wants to leave
- Kent State opts for interim over University of Iowa past provost
- Iowa City Liberty sweeps Bettendorf to return to state volleyball