While Iowa struggles to cope with the myriad problems caused by the COVID-19 virus, the solution to the situation has been right before our eyes the whole time. We need only to abolish the office of governor, as well as the state legislature, and set up a duumvirate of Todd Dorman and Lyz Lenz to oversee the state. Instead of the current way in which the issue is being mishandled, we would see concise, effective action which would solve all aspects of the problem. Beyond the current health crisis, we would benefit by the correction of everything, from polluted water to social injustice, that is wrong with the state.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Illinois man identified as body found after Iowa police shootout
- Where, when protests are in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids
- Poll suggests tight U.S. Senate, presidential races in Iowa
- Going swimming at a state park beach? Iowa gets tougher on toxins
- Waterloo police charge 2 after attack on reporter
- Popping up the question: Cedar Rapids Kennedy assistant baseball coach proposed at Herkelman Field