While Iowa struggles to cope with the myriad problems caused by the COVID-19 virus, the solution to the situation has been right before our eyes the whole time. We need only to abolish the office of governor, as well as the state legislature, and set up a duumvirate of Todd Dorman and Lyz Lenz to oversee the state. Instead of the current way in which the issue is being mishandled, we would see concise, effective action which would solve all aspects of the problem. Beyond the current health crisis, we would benefit by the correction of everything, from polluted water to social injustice, that is wrong with the state.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football parents asking for answers from Big Ten
- Cedar Rapids firefighters deem over 1,000 buildings ‘unsafe to occupy’ after derecho
- Why is cellphone reception so bad after Iowa derecho?
- Gov. Kim Reynolds expects quick approval of disaster federal aid for Cedar Rapids storm recovery
- Millions of acres of Iowa corn, soybean crops heavily damaged by derecho, ag secretary says
- Painting with a flourish in Czech Village