The end of ethanol is approaching more rapidly than people may believe. It is very apparent the future will be electric vehicles. EVs do not use liquid fuel of any type. The time to begin planning what to do in that future without ethanol demand is now. It is not the time to be thinking short term. It will impact Iowa’s farm economy a decade out for sure. We will witness the end of the internal combustion engine as the main source of power for transport in our lifetime.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Elise Boulton engineers 4th-quarter surge, Montezuma beats Saint Ansgar in state quarterfinals
- Drug charges grow from Iowa City homicide case
- Photos: Montezuma vs. Saint Ansgar, Iowa Class 1A girls’ state basketball quarterfinals
- Iowa girls' state basketball 2021: Wednesday's scores, stats, game replays and more
- All-Wamac boys' basketball 2021: Keaton Kutcher, Christian Withrow are players of the year
- Des Moines superintendent could lose his job for defying state on in-person instruction during pandemic